Teamwork and Leadership Blog Michael Rogers

Things you don’t say to your wife. Or boss? Funny Video

Leadership Fun – Funny Video

Some Teamwork and Leadership Fun

I came across this funny video (see the video below) the other day by comedian Tim Hawkins, it  is hilarious. I got to thinking; if there are certain things you don’t say to your wife, what certain things do you not say to your boss?

Here are a few I wouldn’t say:

“I don’t work here. I’m a consultant!”

“How about never? Is never good for you?”

“Yeah, right. I have a family. I’m going home.”

“Do I look like a people person?”

“Don’t blame me – it’s not my fault.”

What others would you add to this list?

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it with your team, colleagues or anyone else, please “Share” it, “Tweet” it, “LinkedIn” it, “Email” it, “Google Plus” it, “Pinterest it” or “Like” it, by using one of the buttons below. Thanks friends!

Hurry, don’t miss other great teamwork and leadership videos and stories. Subscribe to our newsletter today and we will send you our popular leadership video and discussion guide “Transition to Leader” for free – a $79.98 value. Subscribe by clicking here.

• Paul Quaiser, Q Enterprises, Inc., Business & Talent Management October 8, 2009, 5:53 pm

Mike,
    Great reference and entertainment. I am Craig Zablocki’s Business Manager and Agent. Craig utilizes humor as a medium to make us aware of the things we have learned that have hurt us. And, to redirect our current thinking into a more collaborative and healthy perspective. If we can help your efforts to improve the organizational health of your clients, please contact me at paquaiser@gmail.com
    Sincerely,
    Paul Quaiser
    Q Enterprises, Inc.

Mike,
    Sincerely,
    Paul Quaiser
    Q Enterprises, Inc.

• Karen Pizur October 9, 2009, 8:00 am

Do not see a video link on this webpage. Can you add it or send it please?
    Thanks.

• Phil October 9, 2009, 12:17 pm

Great video Mike!
    Add to your list…
    “Blame spell-chick, not me!”
    or
    “No one was screaming yet so it I figured it wan’t late.”
    Thanks fo the laugh.

• Mike Rogers October 9, 2009, 1:55 pm

Thanks for the contribution Phil! Funny.
    – Mike

• Suzie Price October 12, 2009, 6:44 am

That’s so funny. Thanks for sharing… made me laugh!

• Mike Rogers October 12, 2009, 12:31 pm

I am glad you enjoyed it Suzie!
    – Mike

• dee gardner October 13, 2009, 7:22 am

Mike,
    Thanks for sharing the video. Very funny.
    Has it snowed in Cedar this season?

• Mike Rogers October 13, 2009, 10:07 am

Thanks Dee. No it hasn’t snowed yet, but it has been cold enough at times. Did you use to live in Cedar Dee?
    – Mike

• Deborah October 13, 2009, 11:06 am

Amen!

• Mike Rogers October 15, 2009, 2:23 pm

Thanks Deborah. Amen!!!!! I agree : )

• Kayelene November 13, 2009, 11:12 am

I don’t know how I missed this post. Hilarious! The next one to add is what not to give your wife as a present. When I was pregnant with my 5th child I was having a hard time getting in and out of the suburban. I kept telling me husband we really needed running boards. Well the baby was born in October and that Christmas I got running boards. Yep for real! He won’t ever make that mistake again!!!

• Mike Rogers November 16, 2009, 8:37 pm

Funny! Thanks Kayelene. I am glad to hear you are following my posts : )

• Ajf 4 June 28, 2010, 7:35 pm

Hi,just found this post after i google something and wonder what hosting would you use for the blog,the rate is a bit more faster than my website, i truly require it.will returning to look it over,i understand it!

• Mike Rogers June 28, 2010, 7:44 pm

Ajf 4, I use TypePad.

• Arlene Day April 26, 2011, 7:58 pm

It is good to be in our own little world & to laugh at ourselves. This is reality! Some times the truth hurts, but we can look back & know tests like this can be funny memories & the love can keep us together. I’m not married, but looking. Business has it’s funny side, too. I’ve had my real estate moments & will have more, I’m sure! I know, too, I have the “power” to endure!

• Kay Jones February 20, 2012, 4:53 am

Thanks for my laugh of the day. I love humor based on “real life.” You are looking for additional phrases to not say to your boss. May I add: “It’s not my job.”

• Mike Rogers February 20, 2012, 8:11 am

Excellent one Kay! I am glad you enjoyed it and that I could share : )

• Ryan Curtis February 20, 2012, 10:13 am

Funny video, thanks for sharing. Here are a few things you shouldn’t say to your boss,
    “That’s a great suggestion. Why don’t you take your own advice.”
    “If you give me a raise, I might be able to overlook your faults.”
    “If you think it’s so easy, you do it.”

• Mike Rogers February 20, 2012, 2:48 pm

Great ones Ryan! Thanks for sharing.

• Mark Macy March 23, 2013, 12:19 pm

Mike – Awesome! This could be the most educational video for us men of all time! :)

• Brandy Bishop April 2, 2013, 5:15 pm

Here’s one I actually heard a few years’ ago: “I don’t have time to learn how to do my job correctly. I’m too busy working.”