Teamwork Leadership Banner
≑ Menu

Positive video that every leader in business, the home, church, or wherever must watch.

Power of Positive Reinforcement – Powerful Video – Smile

I have used this amazing positive video titled “Validation” in a number of workshops I have done over the years. It focuses on the power of positive reinforcement. This is a life changing type of video.

I have always felt that one of the most effective things a leader can do is provide genuine and timely positive reinforcement. You can shape behavior much more effectively by being positive with people than negative.

My life has been changed a number of times because of something positive someone said. We all need to be validated, every one of us. Who has validated you lately? Who have you validated?

After watching this inspiring and positive video, let me know what you think by commenting below. In the coming week I will be providing you some positive stories from my own life that changed me forever; all because someone took the time to provide positive reinforcement. I am also interested in your stories as well πŸ™‚ Again, please comment below and share! Thanks friends!

Other great leadership videos here.

Other great leadership videos here.

We would love it if you would share our posts or blog with your friends. Please “Like” us, “Google Plus” us, “Tweet” us, “Pin” us, “LinkedIn” us or do all five with us! Thanks friends!

Become one of our Loved Teamwork and Leadership Fans on Facebook. Click Here.

Follow Mike on Twitter! Click Here.

• Amanda Miller February 12, 2010, 11:07 am

Mike, thank you for finding this video – it is beautiful! I love the message it contains, and will try even harder to validate everyone I come across (but I will probably need to see it at least once a week so that I don’t slip!

• Mike Rogers February 12, 2010, 12:20 pm

Thanks Amanda. I am glad you enjoyed it. It helped me reflect on all of the people in my life who have had an effect due to the positive things they have said to me along the way. I am going to share those stories next week in a post.
    I’m like you, it is good to keep watching it to make it stick : )

• Bill Boland February 18, 2010, 9:24 am

This is a great video. I found it almost a year ago and used it during a Stake Sunday School training event on the subject of support and positive reinforcement. I highly recommend it.

• Mike Rogers February 18, 2010, 10:21 am

Thanks Calvin, you are very kind!

• Ed Hunter February 18, 2010, 10:19 am

Wow! Positive reinforcement? And here we all thought that apathy, bigotry, hostility, aloofness, anger, dominance, hubris and dictatorship were the best things a leader can do.
    No, you say? Oh. Sorry. That’s just what a great many leaders actually do. Oh, I see. They’re not “leaders.”

• Calvin Bishop February 18, 2010, 10:20 am

Thanks for sharing. I always told my girls to smile and could always get an instant frown. Guess I needed to give them a reason to smile instead. I’ll try to do that from now on.
    By the way…you’re awesome and a great teacher.

• Eileen Zaroff January 7, 2011, 11:29 pm

Someone passed this forward to me knowing I teach social skills to groups of children, teens and young adults. I tell them it is “leadership training” as being a leader requires social skill. Giving compliments,(which I teach them are “gifts of words we give others that always fit, never wear out, cannot be returned and will always be remembered”)along with encouraging others, standing up, speaking out and making a dfference is what we can all do. All require eye contact (or at least face contact)along with being able to put into a few words your feelings and thoughts so that others can understand you. These skills plus honest compassion for our fellow humans are what makes many of us leaders. We need to lead by example!
    I hope to be able to show this film to my groups of teens and young adults as it exemplifies perfectly what a difference those gifts can make in an imperfect world.

• L. Kavitha Nair June 26, 2012, 10:29 am

Mike it is reaaly awesome!!!
    You have made the day for so many of us.
    The message is very clear. It is one of the most uncovered aspect of being human and to be able to communicate.
    Thanks a loads

• Mike Rogers July 3, 2012, 2:50 pm

I love it when I make a day Kavitha! I am glad you liked it.

• Julie Wood March 19, 2013, 10:16 am

What a great video – thanks so much for sharing. I would like to use for our Youth Entrepreneur Camp if that’s okay.

• Michael Rogers March 19, 2013, 11:11 am

You are welcome Julie. Feel.free to use. Thanks.

• David Pineda April 5, 2013, 11:38 am

Thank you so much Mike for sharing this video, this definitely shows the importance and impact we make in others with our positive attitude. Love it!

• William Lewis April 10, 2013, 5:06 am

I used too smile all the time.

• Mark Willmarth April 29, 2013, 2:45 pm

I also have used the Validation video. I love it as well. I think it is brilliantly produced. I also have used the Your Window (mine is called Dirty Windows) dvd. It always elicits an aha moment when they realize the message. Well done! It fits with the statement “We judge ourselves based on our intentions. We judge others based on their behavior.”

• Michael Rogers April 30, 2013, 3:34 pm

It is a great video Mark. So many videos like this can make an impact on us and those we train : )

• Steve Humphries April 29, 2013, 3:40 pm

Mike,

Thanks for sharing! This video makes me smile. I love it. Smiling is so powerful and helping others to feel like they are important. But it was interesting in the end how he realized that no one had ever “validated” him. I have found in my life that it is easy for me to point out the good in people but be so hard on myself. This helped me to see that it is also important for me to be good to myself and recognize my strengths and gifts.

Steve

• Michael Rogers April 30, 2013, 3:33 pm

Excellent points Steve. It is so critical that we are positive with ourselves. We are way too hard!

• Kim April 29, 2013, 6:00 pm

Thanks for sharing, again, Mike! This is absolutely one of my favorite stories.

In my past, I remember a situation, when a gentleman was upset over the warm temperature. I kept a level head, listened, and assured him that it would cool down, when the engines started. Later, I continued to ensure he was comfortable, his needs were met, and shared a positive message with him. As he was leaving, he shared these thoughts, “It is much more difficult to calm an angry heart than it is to anger a calm heart. Thank you.”

Validating him, and sharing a positive outlook returned a reward that was much more valuable.

We are helping a personal development group with more positive ways to deal with everyday life. The Validation video is definitely my next gem to be shared. Your wisdom, as well as the Slight Edge, and Tony Robbins are shared frequently. Thank you so very much.

• Michael Rogers April 30, 2013, 3:29 pm

Thanks Kim! I am glad you liked it : ) And thanks for taking the time to comment and share your success with validating! By remaining positive and validating you can have an important impact on someone.

• Cheryl Beseler May 2, 2013, 11:46 am

Wonderful video – demonstrates how anyone can make a difference and not always by following the constraints of the normal way of doing things. Be sincere in your methods and strive to find something positive in every situation – don’t keep it to yourself – spread the positive around and you may be surprised by the outcome

• Lisa Alexander May 8, 2013, 6:53 am

What a great video! As a trainer I will be sharing this with our employees. It’s amazing how a little validation can change someone’s life!

Thanks for sharing!

• Michael Rogers May 15, 2013, 3:27 pm

It is amazing! I am glad you can share Lisa : )

• Chris May 15, 2013, 9:25 am

Funny with a message. I like T.J. Thyne. πŸ™‚

• pooja May 21, 2013, 4:04 am

Awesome videos Mike!

am speechless….
    whenever that i get time or need inputs for my training modules. you’re the first one i think!!!!!

Thank you for sharing such wonderful inspiring stories πŸ™‚

• Michael Rogers May 21, 2013, 5:19 am

Your welcome Pooja! I am glad you enjoyed it, it is a powerful video.

• Mauro Maciel June 8, 2013, 1:02 pm

Execelente video,desejo validar as açáes diarias de todos ao meu redor.

• Mim Bizic June 12, 2013, 5:35 pm

You are AMAZING for having this video posted here!
    Sure, it’s a little corny, but oh, so great after so much negativity in the news!
    Loved it and thank you for sharing! I’ll do the same!
    Mim

• Michael Rogers June 15, 2013, 8:52 am

Thanks Mim. It is a little corny, but the message is solid : ) Your amazing for commenting Mim!

• EJBondoc June 26, 2013, 5:37 am

Awesome video! Thank you for making me smile today.

• De Ceuninck June 27, 2013, 9:38 am

Congratulations on this and many other videos !!! Great job ! Could you please help me on tracking the name of the one with the employee in the back room under the body of a deer ? thanks beforehand !

• Sanchita July 18, 2013, 7:06 am

Mike, I myself believe in the great ‘Smile’ and ‘Nurture’ therapy and have been able to save quite a few sad souls.

Thank you for the amazing video.

Regards

• Sachin Mahurkar September 11, 2015, 3:49 am

Hey Mike, this is an amazing video. Thanks for sharing it again, otherwise I would have missed it. Don’t know why I got it so late. But will definitely share with whom-so-ever I can. You know what, you just validated me !!!

You are awesome……Mike !!!

• Michael Rogers September 11, 2015, 3:00 pm