Teamwork and Leadership Blog Michael Rogers

Great Leaders Believe and Convert! Fun Leadership Story

Leaders believe and convert

Leaders Believe – Fun Leadership Story

Great leaders believe, but one of the crowning achievements of leadership is to get others to believe. When people truly believe in something they accomplish amazing things. What  are some of the things you have done to get others to believe? After reading the fun and short leadership story below, we would like to hear your ideas, we welcome your comments below. Let’s talk.

The author of this leadership story is unknown.

Once upon a time, there was a General who was tasked with leading his troops into battle against an army ten times the size of his. Along the way the troops stopped at a small  temple and prayed for victory.

The General held up a coin to his troops and said: “I am going to ask the Gods to help us crush our enemy. If this coin lands on heads, we will win. If it lands on tails we will go down in defeat. The fate of each of us is in the hands of the Gods. Let’s now kneel down and pray with all of our hearts.”

After a brief prayer, the General tossed the coin in the air. It landed with heads on top. The troops were overjoyed and went into battle with great confidence and vigor. As had been predicted the smaller army won the battle. The soldiers exclaimed: “It’s good to have the Gods on our side! No one can change what they have determined!”

“Really?” the General said. He then showed them the coin which had heads on both sides.

Follow Mike on Twitter! Click Here.

• Jackie Bailey April 3, 2012, 9:29 am

It’s too bad these days that it’s not politically correct to ask God for help. Teams would be more successful if they would.
    Thanks for the story.

• Mike Rogers April 4, 2012, 10:31 am

Agree Jackie! Thanks.

• Teri Hontas April 6, 2012, 3:31 pm

Persevering in the face of resistance , not with arguments or verbal convincing but by keeping my eye on the objective with quiet diligence

• Mike Rogers April 6, 2012, 3:32 pm

And as you do others follow Teri. I like it!

• Jackie Bailey April 6, 2012, 3:37 pm

Cute story. Nice blog.

• Ryan Curtis April 6, 2012, 3:38 pm

Good story. We once did an activity at work where we had one person leave and we were all told to think negative thoughts and think this person couldn’t do the simple task of raising her arm while a person held it down. This person couldn’t do it. This person left again and we were told to think positive thoughts and encourage this person in our minds, believe she could. She came in and the same person tried to hold her arm down and she was able to raise her arm.
    Obviously it’s not a scientific study, but I have noticed the people I work with have an impact on how I perform. People rise to the occasion and want to succeed for people that believe they can. We have choices to work and believe in ourselves, but to some extent believing in others, especially those that work for you, can really impact their performance.

• Shobha Kothapalli April 7, 2012, 10:50 am

Great story! Leaders do not need to others believe. If leaders practice in what they preach it is easier to make people believe. I read scriptures with my daughters in the morning. At the same time implement in my daily life, and refer back to them when studying with my daughters. For example, dressing up modestly – although there is a huge influence outside, they still follow the modest dressing principle because of seeing their Mother’s example.

• Shobha April 7, 2012, 10:52 am

Great story! Leaders do need to make others believe. If leaders practice in what they preach it is easier to make people believe. I read scriptures with my daughters in the morning. At the same time implement in my daily life, and refer back to them when studying with my daughters. For example, dressing up modestly – although there is a huge influence outside, they still follow the modest dressing principle because of seeing their Mother’s example.

• Mike Rogers April 9, 2012, 5:51 pm

Thanks Shobha. We try to teach those things in our home as well. Leading by your own example is so much more powerful than any advice you could give or lessons you teach.

• Wendy Woods April 10, 2012, 6:24 am

Love this story. It’s like that famous quote “If you think you can, you will”

• Mike Rogers April 11, 2012, 8:27 pm

That’s true Wendy, it is!

• aara August 27, 2012, 4:44 am

awesome story with a twist!! interesting! :)

• Mike Rogers August 27, 2012, 7:14 pm

Thanks Aara. Glad you enjoyed it.