Teamwork and Leadership Blog Michael Rogers

Judging Others Can Make You Look Stupid! Powerful Video

Judging others can make you look stupid

We all do it from time to time, right? But when we wrongly judge others we can really look  stupid. The reality is each of us has our own weaknesses, and each of us has our strengths. Sometimes we get caught up in worrying so much about others weaknesses that we forget that we have our own too.

Judging often times leads to unfair fault-finding, gossip and backbiting. Each can be poisonous to team morale. What can you do about it as a leader? First and foremost is to make sure that you don’t get caught up in it yourself.

Here is a short and powerful video that demonstrates how stupid we can look at times when we wrongly judge others.

Would you like to use this video in training, a meeting or presentation? Join others who are using it in business, church meetings and schools to teach kindness and the dangers of gossip, unfair judgments and jumping to conclusions. Go Here.

DVD comes with a brief discussion guide as well.

This video comes with a brief discussion guide for training, presentations and meetings. Go to for more information.

If you enjoyed this post and would like to share it with your team, colleagues or anyone else, please “Share” it, “Tweet” it, “LinkedIn” it, “Email” it, “Google Plus” it, or “Like” it, by using one of the buttons below. Thanks friends!

Become one of our Appreciated Fans on Facebook. Click Here.

Follow Mike on Twitter! Click Here.

• Deb Hunt April 4, 2012, 9:56 am

I’ve heard this story before, but the video really drives it home. Thanks, Mike, for sharing. I’ve tweeted it and posted to FB and LI.

• Mike Rogers April 4, 2012, 10:25 am

Thanks Deb. I am glad you enjoyed it! I appreciate you tweeting and posting as well : )

• Pamela April 28, 2012, 7:11 pm

Mike, this is great! I like the way you portray a familiar story with a visual twist. Well done!

• Mike Rogers April 28, 2012, 9:44 pm

Thanks Pamela!
    How are you by the way?

• Sanjay Rakecha May 15, 2013, 11:45 pm

Nice Mike. enjoyed myself the video. Thanks for sharing.

• Sunder Sharma July 23, 2013, 11:40 pm

Beautiful video, and thank you for sharing! Too often we are blinded by our own biases and forget the basics – if you can’t see clearly, wipe your spectacles!

• Mark Willmarth October 8, 2013, 8:04 pm

I purchased this DVD awhile back and use it frequently. I show it after I share the quote “We judge ourselves based on our intentions. We judge others based on their impact (or behavior).” It really hits home! I didn’t get a discussion guide with mine (that I remember). Is there a way to purchase that? Thanks! I enjoy your site!

• Mike Rogers October 9, 2013, 8:28 am

Hi Mark, thanks for your comments. I am glad you use it! You should have gotten the brief discussion guide with your DVD. But I would be happy to send you a copy of the discussion guide for no charge :) Have a great day and thanks for your kind words around the site.